Care for the Giver
Check it Out
Feed My Brain (FMB)
Fill Your Home With Love
Handmade by Nana
Home Bound Education
How Does My Engine Run?
Positive Role Models
Service & Therapy Dogs
Show You Love Them
Special Recreation Assoc.
Tae Kwon Do
What a Difference
Pet Shops and Shelters
"My grandson earned a cockatiel after 30 days of
a positive behavior. Searching the pet shops was half the fun...we found
the most economical and healthiest selection of birds at Jim's
Earning his pet bird gave him the incentive he needed
to successfully gain a new positive behavior...and the lesson
continues as he learns the responsibility of properly caring for him.
found the effects of caring for, and petting an animal
can be extremely therapeutic...In fact, I have been hearing more and
more about service
But, if your child has allergies ask your
physician about hypoallergenic
Nana's Tips on Pet Ownership
- Research the type of pet(s) and consider what will work best for
your family, living situation and budget
- Does the pet require a large fenced in yard?
- Does the pet require daily walks?
- What will it cost to properly care for this pet?
- Is the pet loud?...is anyone in the home sensitive to noise?
- Does the pet have a natural odor?...is anyone in the home
sensitive to smells?
- Visit pet shops and shelters
observing their cleanliness, staff knowledge and selection of pets and
- Comparison shop to get the healthiest, most economical pet from the
most helpful source,
- Consult with experts if you have any questions along the way (your
local pet shops, the links to additional info, your veterinarian, etc.)